Last updated: 21/05/2018
The Data we collect depends on how our Services are used. Sometimes we receive Data directly, such as when a Easilog account is created, or we receive an email. Other times,we get Data by recording interactions with our Services by, for example, using technologies like cookies and web beacons. We also get Data from third parties, like our payment processing partners or identity verification services.
The collection and use of data from a variety of sources is essential to our ability to provide our Services – and to help keep the Services safe. Data is critical in helping us to increase the safety of Your online logbooks, and reduce the risk of unauthorised access and leak of data (yours and other users’) held on our Services.
2. Data we collect
a. Personal Data. We call Data that identifies, or that could reasonably be used to identify, You as an individual as “Personal Data”. We collect Personal Data in different ways. For example, we collect Personal Data when a User registers for an Easilog account, or enters information into their logbook using our Services, or when a person responds to Easilog emails or surveys. We also receive Personal Data from other sources, such as our financial service providers, identity verification services, and publicly available sources. Personal Data does not include Data that has been aggregated or made anonymous such that it can no longer be reasonably associated with a specific person. The Personal Data that we may collect includes:
- Contact details, such as name, postal address, telephone number, email address;
- Social login Data, such as username for social media accounts where those accounts are used to verify User’s identity to enable access to our Services;
- Financial and transaction Data, such as partial credit or debit card number, expiry date, failed and successful payments made;
- Other Personal Data, such as date of birth, professional registration numbers and social security numbers;
- Employment Data, such as place of work, start and end dates of employment;
- Professional activity Data such as when you perform medical procedures, or see patients in clinic, and enter these into a logbook using our Services.
b. Other Data. We call Data other than Personal Data “Other Data”. We collect Other Data through a variety of sources. One of our sources for Other Data is cookies and other technologies that record Data about the use of our websites, websites that implement our Services, and the use of our Services generally. Other Data that we may collect include:
- Browser and device data, such as IP address, device type, operating system and Internet browser type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, plug-ins, add-ons and the version of the Services You are using;
- Location data, such as the country or city that your IP address is located in; if you access our Services from a mobile device we may collect more precise location data based on geolocation functions of your device;
- Transaction data, such as interactions with our Services including making logbook entries, editing entries and setting up records of new jobs on our Services; and
- Cookie and tracking technology data, such as time spent on the Services, pages visited, language preferences, and other anonymous traffic data.
3. Lawful basis for collecting data
- Contact details are collected with consent when You register to use the Services;
- Social login Data are collected with consent when You register to use the Services;
- Financial and transaction Data are collected under terms and conditions of Your contract with Us when You use the Services;
- Other Personal Data are collected with consent when You use the Services;
- Employment Data are collected with consent when You use the Services;
- Professional activity Data are collected with consent when You use the Services;
- Browser and device data are collected under terms and conditions of Your contract with Us when You use the Services;
- Location data are collected under terms and conditions of Your contract with Us when You use the Services;
- Transaction data are collected under terms and conditions of Your contract with Us when You use the Services;
- Cookie and tracking technology data are collected with consent when You use the Services.
4. How we use data
a. Personal Data. We and our partners use Personal Data to: (i) provide the Services; (ii) detect and prevent fraud; (iii) mitigate financial loss or other harm to Users and Easilog; and (iv) promote, analyze and improve our products, systems, and tools. Examples of how we may use Personal Data include:
- To verify an identity for compliance purposes;
- To conduct manual or systematic monitoring for storage of data on third parties by Users and other harmful activity;
- To respond to enquiries, send service notices and provide customer support;
- To pass details of a payment to our payment processing partners, communicate regarding a payment, and provide related customer service;
- For audits, regulatory purposes, and compliance with industry standards;
- To develop new products;
- To send marketing communications;
- To improve or modify our Services; and
- To conduct aggregate analysis and develop business intelligence that enable us to operate, protect, make informed decisions, and report on the performance of, our business.
5. How we disclose data
Easilog does not sell or rent Personal Data to marketers or unaffiliated third parties. We share Your Personal Data with trusted third parties, including:
- To Easilog Service Providers. We share Data with service providers who help us provide the Services. Service providers help us with things like payment processing (i.e., banks, credit bureaus, payment method providers), website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure, customer service, email delivery, and auditing;
To Authorised Third Parties. We share data with parties directly authorised by a User to receive Data, such as when a User authorises a colleague or supervisor to review the content of a logbook using the supervisor functions of the Services.
- To Third Parties. We will share Data with third parties in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings); and
- Safety, Legal Purposes and Law Enforcement. We use and disclose Data as we believe necessary: (i) under applicable law, or payment method rules; (ii) to enforce our terms and conditions; (iii) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, You or others; and (iv) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside Your country of residence.
We use reasonable organisational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Data within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If You have reason to believe that Your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if You feel that the security of Your account has been compromised), please contact us at email@example.com immediately.
7. Choice and access
You have choices regarding our use and disclosure of Your Personal Data:
a. Opting out of receiving electronic communications from us. If You no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, You may opt-out via the unsubscribe link included in such emails. We will try to comply with Your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if You opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send You important administrative messages that are required to provide You with our Services.
b. How You can access or change Your Personal Data. If You would like to review, correct, or update Personal Data that You have previously disclosed to us, You may do so by signing in to Your Easilog account or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If emailing us Your request, please make clear in the email what Personal Data You would like to have changed. For Your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Data associated with the particular email address that You use to send us Your request, and we may need to verify Your identity before implementing Your request. We will try to comply with Your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
9. Retention period
10. Use of services by minors
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that they not provide Personal Data through the Services.
11. Jurisdiction and cross-border transfer
13. Updates to this privacy notice and notifications
We may change this Privacy Notice. The “Last updated” legend at the top of this Privacy Notice indicates when this Privacy Notice was last revised. Any changes are effective when we post the revised Privacy Notice on the Services.
15. Contact us
Data Protection Officer
87 Corringham Road
London NW11 7DL